Saturday, October 10, 2009

Gettin To Know Me

Hello, my name is Rachel and this is my second year at Rhode Island College. This previous summer i decided that i wanted to switch my major to a secondary education major with a concentration in English. The first year i was undecided but i have finally come to the conclusion that teaching is what i want to do since i have a true passion for children and knowing that i am making an impact on their lives by proving them with an education. I am very excited to see how this class will help shape me into the kind of teacher that engages the students and positively encourages them to strive for success. I am also very excited for the tutoring sessions since i will get to have an idea of what it is really like to have a student and see their progression in learning as the weeks go by.In my free time i like to go running, read, and write. I am a hardworker and will always push myself to accomplish my goals and dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel,

    I am happy to see your blog up and functioning. I look forward to your observations related to your Service Learning.

    Dr. August

    ReplyDelete